The departmental facilities include low temperature/high magnetic field cryostats, X-ray diffractometer, differential scanning calorimeter etc. Regular supply of liquid nitrogen and liquid Helium for low-temperature experiments are also available.
Other departmental facilities include:
- Liquid He and nitrogen facilities, Superconducting magnets, low temperature cryostats,He refrigerants.
- X-ray diffractometer, X-ray generators, precession and Lang cameras.
- Laser Raman spectrometer, photon correlator, Ar-ion, Kr-ion, He-Ne, Nd-YAG lasers. Fourier transform photoluminescence spectrometer.
- Differential scanning calorimeter and thermal expansion apparatus.
- Clean room for semiconductor processing, DLTS, diffusion, oxidation, photolithography e-beam evaporation facilities.
- High pressure facility (Diamond anvil cell for Raman studies upto 50 GPa).
- Crystal growth apparatus, dielectric bridge and liquid phase epitaxy, optical microscopy.
- EPR, NMR, pulsed NQR, pulsed NMR, liquid state (400, 500 MHz) and MASS (300 Mhz) FTNMR spectrometers.
- Variable temperature scanning probe microscopy.
- High precision electrical noise measurement set-up.
- Computers, workstations and PC’s.
- Mechanical and glass blowing workshop.
- RF/DC Magnetron Sputtering
Follow this link for more information.