We take students only to do research leading to PhD degree. Students can come through the following two channels to work with faculty members of our group.
- Integrated PhD Programme in Physical Sciences.
- Joint Astronomy Programme (students wishing to apply for this Programme should indicate Astronomy and Astrophysics with code 02 as one of their department preferences when filling up the application form for Research Programmes).
For information on how to apply for these Programmes in IISc, click here. Students selected in either of these Programmes can work in our group and get the fellowship given by IISc. Students selected in the Joint Astronomy Programme (JAP) will have option of working in one of our collaborating institutes as well.
We do not provide any financial support to any student for doing a project in our group. However, students can do summer projects in our group if they are selected in one of the following Programmes:
- IISc Young Science Fellowship Programme
- Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana (KVPY)
- Summer Student Programme of JNCASR.
A student wishing to do a summer project in our group must be selected in one of these Programmes. We regret that we cannot take any student who is not selected in any one of these Programmes for summer project.