r e s e a r c h i n t e r e s t s
Problems in condensed-matter theory, phase transitions, statistical mechanics and nonlinear dynamics
- Spatiotemporal chaos in extended, deterministic dynamical systems such as the
Kuramoto-Sivashinsky and Complex-Ginzburg-Landau equations,
models for cardiac arrhythmias, and fluid, magnetohydrodynamic, and
- Complex Fluids: Microemulsion, micellar, lamellar, and sponge phases in oil-water-surfactant mixtures
and bilayer systems, and living polymers.
- Nonequilibrium statistical steady states in driven, many-body systems.
- The theory of interacting bosons in disordered environments.
- The statistical mechanics of systems with surfaces, interfaces, and membranes.
- Correlated electron systems such as the colossal magnetoresistance manganites.